Statement of intent
It is our intention to respect the privacy of children and their parents and carers, while ensuring that they access high quality school care and education
We aim to ensure that all parents and carers can share their information in the confidence that it will only be used to enhance the welfare of their children.
To ensure that all those using – and working – the school can do so with confidence, we respect confidentiality in the following ways:
· Parents have ready access to the files and records of their own children but do not have access to information about any other child.
· Staff will not discuss personal information given by parents with other member of staff, except where it affects planning for the child needs. Staff indication includes awareness of the importance of confidentiality in the role of key person.
· Any concerns/evidence relating to a child’s personal safety are kept in a secure, confidential file and are shared with as few people as possible on a “need to know” basis.
· Personal information about children, families and staff is kept securely in a lockable file whilst remaining as accessible as possible.
· Issues to do with the employment of staff whether paid or unpaid remain confidential to the people directly involved with making personnel decisions.
· Students on training, when they are observing in the school, are advised of our confidentiality policy and required to respect it.
All the undertakings above are subject to the paramount commitment of the school which is to the safety and well being of the child.
This confidentiality policy is reviewed yearly.
Dr. Abdisamed Ahmed